Note: This Almscliffe Crag walk is not circular, and is intended for people going for a walk via a train ride – if you want to get back to where you started you will need to retrace your footsteps.
- From Weeton Station head up Strait Lane and take the footpath that heads off to the right.
- Not far along this footpath head to the left and cross Crag Lane to continue on this path
- Follow this path to the left then head left along Crag Lane
- Take the footpath off Crag Lane up to the right and onto Almscliff Crag
- After investigating the crag, head in a westerly direction (there’s only one path heading west)
- Follow this path back on to Crag Lane brief, then take the next footpath to the left into North Rigton
- This path comes out on Rigton hill, take the path on the opposite side of the road to the right
- Take this path straight on, following it as it breaks to the left slightly, ignoring any major breaks from the footpath – continue straight on and don’t take paths to the left or right
- This path will lead you straight into Pannal, where you can get to the station on the right.