1) Starting at Cavendish Pavillion – cross the bridge
2) Just after the bridge, turn right down a path that runs by the side of the river
3) Follow this path on for quite a while – staying closest to the river. Be aware that at points it has both steep climbs and drops that may not be suitable for everybody.
4) At the end of this path, it opens out to a grassy area and you will see Bolton Abbey over the river ahead of you
5) Continue along the well-trodden path of the grassy area to the bridge that takes you across the river – or to the stepping stones for the more daring
6) At this point, explore Bolton Abbey and, when you’re ready to leave look for the gate which is at the back right of the abbey (based on the direction you came from) and joins a pavement running alongside a road.
7) Follow this pavement for a short while, looking for a path that drops off to the right – take this path back to the car park and follow it back to Cavendish Pavillion for a well earned treat!