Please note: This walk starts from the main road that runs to the south of Eccup Reservoir – if you’re looking to park your car then it would be best done on one of the side streets that come off this road. However, please respect the residents in the area and their property.
- From Alwoodley Lane take the path that goes to the right, opposite Mount Drive.
- Follow this path as it skirts Sandmoor Golf Course, then head to the left at the end of it
- Keep following the path as it heads around Eccup Reservoir – sticking to the right
- At the end of this path you come to a junction
- This path takes you to Eccup Moor Road which you want to head right onto
- Follow Eccup Moor Road until just after the bend when you should take the path to the left, just before Bank House Farm.
- You’re now on Leeds Country Way – follow this path on as it takes many turns through the countryside
- The path then goes in 3 directions, you want to take the path to the right which is a continuation of Leeds Country Way.
- Follow this all the way back down to join a road besides a water treatment works.
- Sticking to the road ahead, follow it as it brings you up against the very edge of Eccup Reservoir.
- Just past the waters edge, take the path to the right which brings you back to the reservoir.
- Follow this path again as it skirts Sandmoor Golf Course
- Soon you’ll be back where you started, take the path to the left to get back to Alwoodley Lane.